Please, what kind is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CathyH

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The pics aren't the best. Fish are hard to photo! He is red along the top,of his head, and a light black horizontal stripe along his sides. He prefers to eat from the top of the tank than the sinking pellets. thanks!

Attachments

• image-3686278788.jpg
    image-3686278788.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 121
  • image-1094209521.jpg
    image-1094209521.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 124
Looks like a femal peacock of some sort to me. Sorry im not sure of the species.

The pics aren't the best. Fish are hard to photo! He is red along the top,of his head, and a light black horizontal stripe along his sides. He prefers to eat from the top of the tank than the sinking pellets. thanks!

It looks to me like a Victorian of some sort. I would have guessed female but then you said it's showing some color. How big is it?

Its really hard to say because so many look similar this is most likely a Victorian cichlid making it even more difficult. It reminds me of what my male yellow belly Albert cichlid looked like when i first got it especially because i notice the black stripe under the eyes. But again its so hard to pin point one species.

Here are a few pics that may or may not help they look similar but than again alot probably will at this point.

These are female yellow belly Alberts when i first got my male it looked very similar to the females

ForumRunner_20130401_145151.jpg

AneocolorFemale.jpeg

This is my male now
ForumRunner_20130401_145553.jpg

Here is another i found to be similar possibly. Pundamilla nyererei the juvenile looks a bit similar to yours. How big is your fish?

p40780.jpeg

Its really hard to say because so many look similar this is most likely a Victorian cichlid making it even more difficult. It reminds me of what my male yellow belly Albert cichlid looked like when i first got it especially because i notice the black stripe under the eyes. But again its so hard to pin point one species.

Here are a few pics that may or may not help they look similar but than again alot probably will at this point.

These are female yellow belly Alberts when i first got my male it looked very similar to the females

This is my male now

Here is another i found to be similar possibly. Pundamilla nyererei the juvenile looks a bit similar to yours. How big is your fish?

You gotta be happy the way he turned out awesome fish "thumbs" sorry didn't mean to jack thread

That is totally a pundamilia nyererie, I keep them, they are way cool fish, Lots of personality, comes up to the glass to say hello.

His colors I would guess that he is the Python Island variety of Pundi's

Back
Top Bottom