Pleco aggression - James Bond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtnee

Aquarium Advice Freak
James Bond the L007 that I rescued is healing nice and being quite the boss in the tank. He is aggressive towards my common pleco which stays clear of James Bond.

James is now picking on my white and spotted pims. They are bigger and could really do some damage to James for bossing them around but they just move to another area of the tank and ignore him.

There is a wrecked ship that leads into a log. The log is where TankBoss hides and James took that over. TankBoss just moved spots. Now James goes over to the OTHER side of the tank and if he wants to hang out in the huge log he kicks Pranzer the other pim out and picks on him until he leaves. Pranzer will go over to the OTHER side of the tank and hide in the ship. Later on here comes James kicking him out of there.

Moral of the story is, James thinks the entire 55gl is his. :wink:

Is he seeking out his spot in the tank? Or is this just how he is going to act?

He may be just trying to be the boss of the tank for now. Time will tell for sure. It's nice that he is acting up, shows how much better he is feeling. Pictures?

okay James was starving as usual this morning and came out. I put on my ext. flash and got much better shots. For those of you that saw how bad his fins were when I got him you can see the regrowth. The lower fins are almost done the top one is working on it. He was dull when I got him. his white spots didn't show and now he is bright and I am so proud if him. I got him for $10 instead of $50 cause they didn't think he would make it he was so beat up.

I will never forget looking in that tank and seeing James laying on the PVC pipe of the filter, big eye looking at me, mouth just going and he was begging to be removed from that tank. He was in such bad shape I didn't expect him to live. The phantom plecos had just worked him over. Look at him now!

img_810393_0_4a78d3b16f9229fc926e7599608c2a4d.jpg

img_810393_1_c48bd29da0733520c42b6fd3101a1da1.jpg

img_810393_2_99e2f74ba14d03d2cdf4ec646b16d739.jpg

img_810393_3_f8cea2874a3031ec294676d38dc0a1b7.jpg

img_810393_4_b09c14cff16b1760e3145391910cc33c.jpg

short video - still has a bum eye but it is clearing up. He uses his eye, not sure if he can see but he moves it and it is less cloudy and slowly healing but we are getting there.

Thanks all. Just glad he has stuck with me. I am still new to fish keeping and this was a huge hurdle for me. I doubted myself at being the best owner for this guy to bring him back. The more I see him recover and acting like a healthy pleco should the more happy I get.

I love the little "twurp" as I call him, James is just James and even though he is being the bully in the tank I am willing to work with him. LOL

I am getting a free long 30gl tank (yay!) and soon the 75gl so I figure no matter what I will have more then enough tanks to switch things around and have two large enough tanks (55 and 75) I can have a pleco in each and leave the common with the pims as they get along. The 30 will come in handy as I am getting a red tail shark (from my sister) that may not play nice with all either. I figure I have enough to deal with the situations if they all dont play nice.

It would be best if James just chills out and settles in! If not we will work with it. :D

Back
Top Bottom