Pleco died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eileen22

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I added a small pleco to my 10 gallon tank on Sunday, and he died within 24 hours. I have had no problems with my tank recently, all fish are healthy and have been living for a long time. I had a spotted algae eater that grew so large in 3 months that I had to return him and get a smaller variety. This is my first experience with this pleco, which I think they referred to as a Chinese pleco. Are these typically very sensitive? Any ideas why mine died so quickly? :confused: Thanks.

I dont know what a Chinese pleco is. How did you acclimate it? No pleco is going to fit in a ten gallon tank.

I don't know for sure if that is the correct name, the receipt just says "community pleco." I acclimated it by placing the bag in the water for 15-20 minutes, then adding 1 cup of water to the bag in 15 minute increments.

Why do you say that no pleco will fit in a 10 gallon tank? This fish was only about an inch long. Do they all grow really fast?

Back
Top Bottom