Pleco enviorment question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco11771

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I am moving soon and plan to switch from black gravel to black sand for the looks and benefits of my cories and maintenance. I am also going to re decorate the tank. Currently I have 1 albino bristle nose pleco (who is staying in this tank and I know they grow to 4.5 inches) and 4 cories soon to be 5. I am also planning to get 7 TBs. Anyway I have 7 big river rocks creating 3 cave like tunnels but dint really like the looks of it anymore. I got one of those pre made red/white rocks from petco with 2 holes in it and was planning to put a layer of fake plants towards the bottom so the cories could explore through there and avoid the TBs if need be. My only question is that is my pleco going to be stressed with less hiding spots? The tank Is a 20H

Pleco11771 said:
So I am moving soon and plan to switch from black gravel to black sand for the looks and benefits of my cories and maintenance. I am also going to re decorate the tank. Currently I have 1 albino bristle nose pleco (who is staying in this tank and I know they grow to 4.5 inches) and 4 cories soon to be 5. I am also planning to get 7 TBs. Anyway I have 7 big river rocks creating 3 cave like tunnels but dint really like the looks of it anymore. I got one of those pre made red/white rocks from petco with 2 holes in it and was planning to put a layer of fake plants towards the bottom so the cories could explore through there and avoid the TBs if need be. My only question is that is my pleco going to be stressed with less hiding spots? The tank Is a 20H

Well, how many spots are there?? I also suggest adding driftwood to the tank for the plec, because it is part of their diets.

I do have a small piece of drift wood for him. Well the rock piece looks like this if it helps but I was going to rest a small piece of slate on the back to create sort of a low lying triangular cave

|. ---- --- |
-----------------

Hmm could you get a pic? So there would be 2 spots? 2 should be good enough..3 would be better though

Hmm could you get a pic? So there would be 2 spots? 2 should be good enough..3 would be better though

My cameras broken and couldn't find one online bit it's basically like the rocks with holes in them that petco puts in their display tanks

Possibly allright...but mayne prop up a rock against the arc just in case?

Possibly allright...but mayne prop up a rock against the arc just in case?
Yes that's what I was thinking, the arch is about 8 inches long and I have a small piece of slate about 8 inches long by 3 inches wide that I was going to prop against the back of the arch length wise

my pleco spends most of the time on the driftwood. Try to find a log shaped piece of driftwood and he would probably love it.

Back
Top Bottom