Pleco id ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leggey

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, I got this little dude last week from my local lfs and it went under the name (gold fin pleco) and I was told they are rare and worth a bit of money when bigger ! I have looked on google and found slim to none about them :( so if anyone can id him and tell me I have not been miss sold a lesser fish that would be fantastic

image-3825626329.jpg

image-1166850781.jpg

Welcome to AA!

I have moved your thread to FW and Brackish- General Discussion. This should help you to get more replies. The Profiles section is only for profiles that our members write. :)

Thanks for the relays guys, I dont think it's an albino as I have seen lots of them and they are normally pinky white and mine is a strong yellowish gold colour :s they had albinos in another tank by mine. Very strange

right when i was in my lfs today i took a photo of the label and it says its a longfin gold ancistrus so i have googled this and it looks like my fish to me :)
so has anyone had any experience with this fish ?

You get in big trouble by taking pictures in the LFS

You should ask them before doing it.
Otherwise there could be serious trouble!

My LFS use to list things wrong like a common pleco was named a smaller species so they could make more money as they said it would not outgrow the tank and e.t.c

Just be careful , I know if I took pictuers on the LFS and even named the name of the shop I would be killed!

As I said I have googled it and it looks exactly the same and as for the photo I had my flash off as I know the fish hate it and also am a big guy and the people who work there would be silly to argue with me ha ha on another note who runs your lfs ? The mafia ?

leggey said:
As I said I have googled it and it looks exactly the same and as for the photo I had my flash off as I know the fish hate it and also am a big guy and the people who work there would be silly to argue with me ha ha on another note who runs your lfs ? The mafia ?

Hahahaha, Funny :p I don't understand why you wouldn't be allowed to take pictures in a fish store anyway? They shouldn't have anything to hide, I mean there already displayed to the public, I like to take pictures of the fish to get more information on them and to figure out there scientific name, my lfs doesn't mind, they realize people want to know the most they can about a fish since they are the potential owners. Plus my lfs always has whacky names for there fish as well so sometimes I need a picture to figure out what the species actually is

There is nothing wrong with taking pics in a LFS, if they had a problem with it I might not shop there anymore because that means they are trying to hide something

Back
Top Bottom