pleco :p

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peachSTONER

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so basicly i got 2 royall plecow about.2 inches long and i put some zuchini in the tank and they havnt touched it and i heard.they like it.will it take them awile and will they eat and shrimp pellets my oscar chiclid doesnt eat

Plecos don't really eat fresh vegetables unless they're soft and small at the start, like for example shelled peas. The best thing to do is to boil then blanch them, or freeze them.

Royal plecos grow quite big (I think 15 inches) and so do oscars. How big is your tank?

I have a royal pleco in my tank and he tears up the cucumber at night, not so much the inside but the outside is all gone in the morning and its not the hifin eating the outside. He's grown about 2" in the past 4 months, I do not blanch mine I leave it raw and use a stainless steal fork in it to hold it down in the gravel. I think he gets mad at me when I dont put it in for him at night. it will just take a little bit but after they get used to it being there they will be out as soon as they think your not looking lol. Neither of them like the zucchini they leave it pretty much untouched. They also like the watermelon too, a little pink on the rind and they tear it up.

Back
Top Bottom