Pleco's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marvelous

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I was wondering if there were any pleco breeders around here lol. Im not real sure what I am looking for but I like those L200 plecos, Idk for sure what there called. Does anyone breed any? I might be interested in buying 1 or 2 if you had any for sale.

Thanks
Marv

I don't breed any plecos right now. I may be working on some ABN plecos soon once I make some caves but that's it. I happened to find that one auction on Aquabid. You may be able to find them elsewhere.

Many plecos are easier to breed than some other tyeps. BN plecos for example would fall into the easy category IMO. They won't breed however, unless you have the right caves for them. They have to feel secure and feel like their eggs will be protected before they decide to spawn.

Wow, i guess i didnt know they dont breed the same. Can you sex them all the same way or is that different too?

Thanks for the info btw
Marv

Sexing depends on the species. Some species have sexual dimorphism and some species have sexes that look nearly identical. BN plecos for example are easy to sex when you have adult specimens because the males get the bristles and the females don't or they are very short and fine.

Back
Top Bottom