plecostomus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjb1980ny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My new plecostomus's tank mates are hogging any algae wafers I throw in the tank and all my fish are pooping green lol ok so my question is would it be ok to temporarily house him in a ten gallon tank without algae growth? It only has low level led lighting and doesn't grow any algae as long as he's fed algae wafers and good green veggies like cukes and zucchinis will he be ok till he's bigger than his current tank mates? Currently his biggest tank mate is six inches and he's only two inches. Can he have blood worms yet? Not a newbie to fish but no plecostomus experience thank u in advance

Last edited:
Ive heard plecos should only be kept in established tanks but you could try it and see if he eats what you feed him. I bought 2 plecos the same size, they are in separate tanks (fight like CRAZY if I put the rascals together) both are fed the same, one is now twice as big and he is in a smaller tank. Do you think your little guy is not getting any food or maybe will he just always be smaller?

The ten is established and running and the fishes in there can be relocated into a community tank

If other fish are stealing his wafers feed him after the lights have been out an hour or so when all the other fish are asleep.

If other fish are stealing his wafers feed him after the lights have been out an hour or so when all the other fish are asleep.

+1

Piggy middle swimmers here, too. I drop wafers and even frozen foods for my bottom dwellers in the dark. I've peeked and I know they party!

What type of Pleco? And what size tank is it in currently? But yes feed an hour or 2 after the tank lights are turned off.

He's in a 30 tall like the post said @josh7 my other fishes are opportunistic feeders so it don't matter when I feed him all the otherfish are bigger he's a common plecostomus and. Doesn't even know what an algae wafer is yet cannot anyone tell me when became have blood worms he's like 2" now

Tnfinfan mine party too the other day I caught one smokin cigarettes and saying bad words

Back
Top Bottom