Pls ID this coral!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trust liveaquaria over aquacon anyday....That is a carnation coral and is usually very difficult to care for.

Aquacon by the way has I think a 30g tank size for a blue tang so just by that i would ignore whatever they say. Do some google searches and see what else comes up, I;m sure you can find some really detailed information.

Good luck!

Thanks..

I feel so guilty now. Base on what I found online, it will die very soon. :(

LFS should just tell me. I will buy other coral.

Called, they said no, even i just bought it yesterday. They are not nice people.

I'll do my best to keep it alive w/out killing other.

Lost my only LFS recently. I buy everything from Saltwaterfish.com and Saltysupply.com. Always had good results from them and are reasonably priced. If your LFS does not give good service and advice, please don't go back. You will just be wasting your money and lining their pockets. There are too many companies out there that will help you learn about the hobby and steer you in the right direction based on the kind of tank you want. And the forums are a great place to learn about what works and what doesn't. Good luck.

Carey is right that it is very difficult. If you cant return it make sure that you do weekly PWC`s to help it along. It will need pristine water conditions if it is to make it.

Understand that some LFS do not take things back or do trades for a reason. Mine for example does not because they have had parasites come back into their tanks and wipe out the entire tank. Even if your LFS isn't exactly what you are looking for, understand it is still a business and losing livestock is not good for business. I'm not the biggest fan of my LFS, as they have coral tanks full of hair algae and the rest full of aiptasia, but that doesn't mean it isn't still a business.

Also to consider, most pet stores don't do much with saltwater because it is a smaller community than fresh. I've even seen pet stores that don't do fish at all. If the profit isn't there, then the stocking won't be either. Even if a LFS has saltwater, that doesn't mean that all employees will have much of a clue about what is going on in the tanks.

The point of all of this is research. As I wander through my LFS and petco, if I see something that catches my eye or I'm not familiar with I look it up on liveaquaria on my phone. TBH, even if I am familiar with a critter in the tank that has caught my eye I still look it up just to make sure that I am right about it. It becomes our job as a responsible consumer and hobbiest to do the research prior to any purchases, because without us demanding quality there will only continue to be room for mediocre products, unhealthy livestock, and poor living conditions.

Since you have it and it's not going anywhere I suggest like melousi said, keep the water as clean as you can and do what you can. It's not a definite that it will die so try your best. :)

I had a similar situation when i got my scooter "blenny", I was promised that it was a regular blenny and ate anything and would be fine. Got home to find out that is the furtherest thing from the truth! Not one LFS in a 50mile radius would take him in so i had to make the best of it. It's now been a year and the scooter is fine and plump, took a month of special care to get him to eat frozen food but it worked out for me. So don't be so quick to say it won't make it. :-D It could work out.

Thanks everyone's encouragement. I'll do my best. Im doing partial water change approx10% every 3 days.

When I was at the store, I did google that on live aquarium web. When I showed it to the sales, he said I made a mistake. It is not the same type. That's make me mad he lie.

I don't think going back there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom