Plz Identify needle leaf gold plant on right

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaiofcanada

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone know what the name of the plant on the right is? The one with gold and red hues and fine hair leaves....

Closest thing I can guess is a rotala...but the images of various rotalas don't quite look this this one. And I would really like to get one.

Attachments

• nicetank1.jpg
    nicetank1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 77
looks like Rotala wallichii

I thought so maybe, but the description of wallichii says the colours are pinkish...and the one in the picture look red/orange and hints of gold. Are there different varieties?

I am looking for a fine leafed plant with red tones rather than pinkish. Any other suggestions?

lots of things can effect the color of plants. brighter light extra iron and so forth.... heck i have seen people with red vals and they are normal green.

i think it's rotala wallichi also but hard to tell for sure with such a small picture.

as for other suggestions you could try red foxtail aka Myriophyllum heterophyllum.

i think it's rotala wallichi also but hard to tell for sure with such a small picture.

as for other suggestions you could try red foxtail aka Myriophyllum heterophyllum.

Thanks for suggestion. I think foxtail might be a better option as I might be able to get it from a local store rather than ordering online. Will keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom