Pod?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warvillian

Aquarium Advice Activist
About 2 weeks ago I added an African Blue Hornet frag. About 3 nights ago I noticed some sort of tan,bug looking thing lingering around and on my hornets. From the pictures I have looked through on the internet it looks like a really small pod. Not sure if this thing is good or bad. It continually bugs the hornets where they close up, so I do not want then becoming irritated and close completely. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your help Neilanh I discovered it looks very similiar to a AEOLID NUDIBRANCH. Now the questions is how do I get rid of it. Its currently on my Zoa.

Glad you were able to ID it, especially since those guys aren't good. I've never had one, but give the tweezers route a shot. Go in slow and see if you can get ahold of him.

it's the eggs you want to worry about. i would keep a close eye on that coral and report this to the guy you bought it from as well.

Well I grabbed the nudibranch with tweezers, when this happen the lil guy balled up like a rolly-polly. When I went to the LFS today and mentioned it they provided me with a bottle of Coral RX Coral dip. Has anybody used this? Thanks

I use it on all my corals when I first get them to check for anything I don't want in my tank. As good as it is it doesn't kill nudibranch eggs. From what I saw at a frag demo nothing will kill the eggs and they had to be picked off. If I find anything on the coral that I don't want in my tank I have a small tank that I can set up and use as a QT.

I've only "Seen" two nudibranches so im going to try the dip on my zoa's. However does it work with other corals. I have a spiral gorgonian on a rock, and also on this rock is galaxea and blue african hornets. I do not want good corals to be destroyed.

those nudis only eat zoas. no need to dip the corals you already have in the tank unless you see a reason to.

Back
Top Bottom