Poll do you buy your livestock locally or online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as online stores go, I read nothing but positive comments about Pedro at aquascapeonline.com. I think they are based in South America. They are the only store I know that has all kinds of pirahnas. I hear they are illegal in the states so they probably wont ship them to US addresses. I visit their site to see their native species of cichlids. They will ship those but its the pirahnas I think you'll have problems getting if your into that type of fish. I, personally have yet to order from them so I can't really rate their service but if the reviews are as legit as they seem I would definitely check them out. Maybe someone here has dealt with them who can vouch for their creditability.

Ebay is a great place. I have bought some hermit crabs, turbo snails, and claims from one of the eaby stores.

I've never bought fish online - plants yes, but not fish.

Generally speaking, I buy stock from my LFS (Paradise pets in Benton, AR), and equipment and chemicals from the big boxes.

Hi I see this is a very old thread:eek: so for my input:D
I have always bought from me local shop or usually within 50 miles of home.
I have been very fortunate to have had some very good local shops and have many friends with staff that have worked in them.
Animal fare thatcham - now shut:(
Philips Fish Plus - now shut:(
Newbury Aquatics - {Maidenhead store} My current favourite store:dance:
Stores worthy of a visit
Sea aquariums - Near Heathrow
Vermuleans - also near Heathrow
Windsor aquatics {Maidenhead store}
Shinfield - World of Water
Wroughton - World of Water
Maidenhead Aquatics Swindon North and South:)

Back
Top Bottom