Poll: what should I get (60g)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What stocking for 60 gallon

• Demsasoni + Yellow Lab

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yellow Lab + Cobalt Blue Zebra + Rustie

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Saulosi single species tank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ulrichsd

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all, as I am finishing my fishless cycle I'm having trouble deciding on what to stock. I like the blue and yellow color combo that is so popular, but really just would like some nice fish that don't all kill each other.

Attached is a picture of my 60 gallon tank in case you think something will be more suitable than another. Right now I'm leaning towards the demasoni as I think they look really cool. There is a seller with 20 demasoni fry + 10 yellow lab fry for $70 and that way I can just remove the aggressive males until I have a good f/m ratio. My LFS carries both yellow labs and cobalt blue zebras, but I'd probably have to order rusties or saulosi on-line.

Thanks!
Scott

Attachments

• 1400643852729.jpg
    1400643852729.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 80
Just wanted to post a poll, I have another thread regarding tank build.

Thanks and hope the duplicate thread isn't an issue...

For the setup that Demasoni/lab deal is a steal. I would hit that up.

Already ordered them this morning actually :) 1 day shipping was $56, but he is going to throw in 10 acei with the demasoni & labs, and he said the acei may or may not be hybridized with yellow lab. He said it was his first batch of acei fry and he is unfamiliar with the fry characteristics for that species. I'm not interested in breeding/selling so I'm not too worried.

But 40 fry for $126 seems pretty good and it will give me enough stock to remove the dominant males and end up with a good male/female ratio of 5-6 yellow lab, 5 acei and 12 or so demasoni. Now I just have to find a store that will take non-store-bought fish when the time comes to get rid of some males.

I'm going on vacation next week so he will ship the following week, and my tank is close to cycled so it should give the tank a couple more weeks to establish before adding fish.

I have to admit, I'm pretty excited. Thanks for your help in my other thread too!
Scott

Back
Top Bottom