Poly-fil filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone ever attached half a water bottle to their filter's intake tube with poly-fil in it? How did you get it to stay on. I tried it with my AquaClear and the bottle just slid right through the intake tube.

Has anyone ever attached half a water bottle to their filter's intake tube with poly-fil in it? How did you get it to stay on. I tried it with my AquaClear and the bottle just slid right through the intake tube.

Yep.

Different bottles have different diameter lips, you can look around a bit. That, or drill a hole in a bottle / container that will fit the diameter of the intake tube.

Better yet, you could use a length of PVC with a hole drilled in the end cap to fit over it and then you can paint it black so it doesn't stick out soo much.

Anna...

If you're looking for more filtration. Get a simple sponge filter. They're a few dollars on the internet. Much easier and probably more efficient than trying to rig your current filter.

B

Anna...

If you're looking for more filtration. Get a simple sponge filter. They're a few dollars on the internet. Much easier and probably more efficient than trying to rig your current filter.

B

True, unless you are trying to either A. Attach a prefilter to your current filter to keep junk out of it. or B. polish your water. A sponge filter will do nothing in those instances.

I put a sponge over the intake for my canister filter to trap bigger debris so the filter itself doesn't clog up as fast. Seems like it should work for a HOB, too. Found one that fit, so I didn't even have to cut it. Maybe was a Fluval or something for one of the Spec tanks? I don't remember, exactly.

That's what I use also. The fluval prefilter. It works great for my 36 gallon & my 10gallon tanks.

Back
Top Bottom