Polyps being eaten?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edmonton Eskimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was looking at my gsp today and I noticed alot of the polyps look like they have been eaten. They are still extended but most of them are missing some of their tentacles. I have a coral beauty in the tank who would be prime suspect #1 but I have never seen him eating any of my corals. He seems to pick around but I never thoght he was eating them. I have noticed that I have these worms that are red and kinda blueish on one end(looks like a milipede). I have really only seen these worms at night when all polyps are closed. Can polyps be eaten when retracted? I'm really worried as I don't want to get rid of my beauty. I will if I have to. Another question- if it is the beauty then do they normally just eat polyp corals? Any help appreciated

Do you have any crabs? I have an emerald crab that has been nipping at the tentacles of my GSP. I wanna kill him...that coral cost me a lot of money!

What other fish do you have in the tank? Is there any sponge near the GSP or under the rock of the GSP?

Kaye

As far as crabs I have some hermits and one porcelin crab. There is this one thing that has kinda popped up on the rock that I have them on. It is a small grey ball. I was wondering what it was. Why do you ask about the sponges? Are they bad?

I had a sponge that killed a GSP, I could not see the sponge until they were gone than I broke the rock to see inside. I have read others that had this same problem with sponges and GSP. You may want to scrape the sponge off the rock than scrub the area gently with a tooth brush. Hope this helps.

Kaye

Back
Top Bottom