Pond Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggalz

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have 40 gallon tub pond preformed liner..that only holds 2 tiny small koi...we are upgrading to 125 gallons..will i need a filter with this? or just a pump to keep things circulating around?

I would use both. The more movement of water the better. Of course you need a filter and Biological filter as well for your beneficial bacteria. I would highly recommend a UV clarifier to keep your Algae plumes in check.Hope this helps. Just remember if you hook up a Uv unhook it in the winter months and store in garage or house

Attachments

• IMG_0453.jpg
    IMG_0453.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 131
avonsurfernc said:
I would use both. The more movement of water the better. Of course you need a filter and Biological filter as well for your beneficial bacteria. I would highly recommend a UV clarifier to keep your Algae plumes in check.Hope this helps. Just remember if you hook up a Uv unhook it in the winter months and store in garage or house

O wow! Ur pond looks amazing! I always wanted a pond! But living with my parents makes it near impossible!

giggalz said:
i have 40 gallon tub pond preformed liner..that only holds 2 tiny small koi...we are upgrading to 125 gallons..will i need a filter with this? or just a pump to keep things circulating around?

I believe a filter is always a must! Nice upgrade btw :) Ur kois are gonna enjoy their new heaven! U should do a building thread! :)

Back
Top Bottom