Pool Filter Sand vs Other sand substrates??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggbii

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im setting up a 29 gallon planted tank and i want to keep some kuhli loaches and some corydoras. I heard eco complete and gravel don't do well with kuhli loaches so i want to do pool filter sand/ silica sand because i heard it works well with bottom feeders because it is fine and its just all around good in general, but just in case should i use some other different types/ brands of sand and go with something pricier or is pool filter sand a good route to go down?

Dude that's perfect. Pool filter sand all day. My pandas love it. All barbels accounted for! Make sure to get a bunch of both as they both do better in groups. Then you'll really see them surfing the sand. The more the merrier really, it brings out their behavior. Say at least 8 kuhlis, 10 corys and definitely pool filter sand. You'll have an awesome tank. Lots of action

Dude that's perfect. Pool filter sand all day. My pandas love it. All barbels accounted for! Make sure to get a bunch of both as they both do better in groups. Then you'll really see them surfing the sand. The more the merrier really, it brings out their behavior. Say at least 8 kuhlis, 10 corys and definitely pool filter sand. You'll have an awesome tank. Lots of action
+1 only thing I use

Back
Top Bottom