Poorly shubumkin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leewiltshire

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My fav fish Lucky is going through a bad time, first fin rot, clamped fins,blood streaking, I did one week fin/fungal treatment, second week methylene blue. Problem cleared. Water change and put some good bacteria back in & water treatment/ammonia treatment, Lucky swimming around all happy, being sociable & feeding well, but now her lovely tail is shredding& there seems to be something stuck in her side, No3=10,No2=1,GH=16,KH=6,PH=7.6,CI2=0.8. I've not got any problems with my smaller fish. This is getting me down , Lucky is now 5 years old and has been very lucky, servicing several house moves, the pond I built her as a happy last home, don't want to lose her just yet

Hi! Welcome to AA!!! Ok, I am a bit confused by your post- is Lucky in a pond or a tank? What size? Are the numbers you posted from where she is right now? They are off a strip which is not very accurate but the numbers are still concerning. A nitrite level of 1ppm is quite high and a chlorine level of .8 can be deadly. Do you use a good water conditioner at all? Do you have a test for your ammonia? What does this read? What is your water change schedule?

In respect to her tail shredding, its likely from poor water conditions (high ammonia & nitrite). Where ever these numbers are coming from appears to be not properly cycled. Can you post a pic of whats on her side? Its impossible to be able to tell without pic/better description. The more information you can provide, the better we will be able to help! :)

Back
Top Bottom