Pop-eye coral beauty angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dakotajoe1

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I picked up a Coral Beauty today from my lfs for $12 with "pop-eye" as they guy called it. It was also quaranteened because the other fish were picking at it and created quite a large hole. I was curious what the best method of treating it is. The lfs guy recommended iodide which I purchased. This is the best pic I have so far since he is stilll hiding. Ill post more later and let me know if you guys think he can survive this. Thank you!!!

ForumRunner_20130224_184034.jpg

I've heard that most of the time if it is one eye, it is likely from an injury. Especially if the fish is behaving and eating normal. Pristine water conditions and vitamins added to the food can work. If it is bacterial (usually both eyes, but not always), then an antibiotic can be used. There are foods out there with this in them. Adding liquid antibiotic can cause problems in a DT, so probably best used in a QT...the down side is a QT will not have pristine water and can cause stress to the fish, so unless its bad and the fish is getting worse, the vitamins are supposed to be the better way to go.

Back
Top Bottom