possible anemone in the future

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blakskall

Aquarium Advice Freak
I realize that it takes awhile for a tank to mature to have an anemone. Right now for lighting i have this fixture i was wondering if that was strong enough for inverts, but if not, ive heard of LED light strips that you can attach to fixture to enhanced lighting, anybody else have experience with them?

thanks,
Tyler

Personally while thats a great fixture I don't think it's enough to support a nem. How big is your tank?

i have a 30 gallon long tank, i know that some get huge, but maybe i could house one that doesnt get that large?

I would say you would need a a 4bulb fixture. Nem are great but I would personally not put one in a 30 gal. If you like that type of look you should try torch coral, bubble coral, or a hammer coral.

I think somewhere down the road when i have an established tank, im going to try my luck with some coral, i saw some awesome looking ones at my LFS, im going to have to make the switch to a 4 bulb fixture it seems lol not now tho, its a little out of my price range lol, thank you for your input guys

Tyler

wow.. i wish i woodve seen that before i bought my other one, its only 20 bucks more than my fixture with two bulbs! lol well too late now, but thank you carey, its def an option that i will look into in the future

Tyler

Back
Top Bottom