Possible ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaPony87

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay as you can tell by my signature I have two empty tanks right now. Both have been set up and running, I just wanted some change so I gave my fish to some of my friends who have established tanks.

I was thinking maybe having juli's in my 38 gallon and have a breeding colony or something like that. no clue on the 20 xh cuz its obviousily high so less surface area. And the 55 seems too cluttered and too much going with neons and endlers in there. Any ideas about that? I was looking at more cories and some sort of center piece fish other than discus or angel for the tank.

Is the empty tank cycled? If it is, might want to add a little ammonia, 1-2ppm, while it's empty to keep the bacteria alive. Then don't add ammonia on the day you will get the new fish. Can also put in a piece of shrimp also, rather than add the ammonia. If it was cycled, you don't want to have to re-cycle again.

Yes, theyre both cycled. Theyve had fish in them for the past two yrs up until yesterday

Need to either put something in them or use straight ammonia or add food/shrimp to keep it cycled, or the bacteria will start dying off.

Julii's are cool. Could do cherry barbs too if you want to add some color. And maybe a couple dwarf gouramis.

I love gouramis. I'd go with either a couple of angels or gouramis as center pieces and cories for entertainment. For the 38 gal that is. For the 20 gal I'd do a tetra tank maybe, or guppies if you are willing to have a ton of fry, or get all males.

Back
Top Bottom