Possible parasite? German Blue Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brian.petry

Aquarium Advice Newbie
1- Type of fish affected: Male German Blue Ram. Looks like a zit on the chin of my GBR, could be nothing, but thought I'd ask. Pictures are attached

2- My Water Parameters tested with API Master Kit: 6 dgH, Ammonia- 0ppm, NitrAtes- 5-10 ppm, NitrItes - 0ppm, pH: 7.4, Temp: 85 F due to hot weather with no air conditioner.

3- Size of Aquarium: 20 Gallon Tall, but with DIY Cement background, Eco-complete, and sand, about 14.5 gallons of water.

4- Type of Filter: Aquaclear 50 @ 200 GPH, with Peat moss in filter along with Bioballs, Activated Carbon, and Sponge.

5- Fish in the Tank: 2 German Blue Rams (paired), 2 Sunburst Platy, 6 Neon Tetra, 3 Glowlight Tetra, 3 Otos, 2 Nerite Snails.

6- Water Changes: Do water changes about once a week, last I did was yesterday (9/6/13). Usually do about 20-25%, or about 3-4 gallons.

7- Time kept: I've had the fish for a couple weeks. All acclimated using drip method for over an hour.

8- Recent additions: When I do water changes, I treat my tap with Prime, My Tap parameters are: Ammonia= .2ppm, dkH= 5, dgH= 5, NitrAte= 0ppm, NitrIte= 0ppm, pH= 8.4

9- Feed: I feed every other day Ocean Nutrition Community Formula Flakes, and about once a week Blood Worms

Should I be worried?

Brian.petry's Planted Tanks Details and Photos | RateMyFishTank.com
Petry Designs | My blog with updates on my tanks

Attachments

• parasite-1454.jpg
    parasite-1454.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 65
  • parasite-1530.jpg
    parasite-1530.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 52
  • parasite-1532.jpg
    parasite-1532.jpg