Possible Problem with Clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chuchuj

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Guys

I introduced a black clownfish from my LFS into my system about 3 weeks ago. At the same time i purchased an orange clown, which unfortunately didn’t last the week. I think it may have been Brook that finished it off.
Anyway the black clown looks fine from a normal viewing distance. But when i get right up to the glass i can see a very fine "dust" all over him. I would say that it looks more grey than white.

I thought this may have been ick or perhaps Brook. So i have used a treatment recommended to me by a LFS; oodinex (reef safe) to try and combat this. However, he looks exactly the same after the 3 day course.

Also, when I first saw the "dust" i gave him a 4 min freshwater dip. I read that you are likely to see the parasites drop off. Once he went back in the tank and calmed down he didn’t look any different.

I would take a picture but it would not even show.

He is swimming fine, very active and eating at every opportunity.
Should I be worried? I am in no position to set up a QT tank at current and I really don’t want to lose him.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would guess it is ich but i perchased a UV sterelizer and it got rid of everything and i havent had a problem since. They r realitively cheap. I had the same problem but this helped alot

brooklynella will ONLY be cured by a formalin bath

Just noticed this is an older post ..Wonder how it turned out?

Back
Top Bottom