Possible tank mate for tadpole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magoop

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I say possible because of tank size being the limiting factor. (which is the main reason I ask, tank size)
I have a (as far as I know) northern leopard frog tadpole I adopted from work.
I clean out any uneaten greens at least 2 times a day but I know I cannot get everything. I was wondering if maybe some variety of snail or ghost shrimp would be small enough while still helping with the cleanup.
It's a 2 gallon tank with an undergravel filter, I change at least %10 of the water daily as I'm using a baster to remove any uneaten romaine, but I can and have removed more of there is an undesierable level spike. There is currently just a marimo in there with the tadpole.
There is also a 77 F small preset heater

Any ideas? I know this won't be a permanent habitat for them, not sure what side I would upgrade to, but I'm currently just trying to get the tadpole to near adulthood.

Sorry if I needed to put this in the herp board, please move it if it needs to be moved.
Thank you.

Sent from my VS880 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Maybe 1-2 Nerite Snails would work. I have 3 in my 5g betta tank and they keep the hardscape and glass spotless.

Would one nerite and one mystery snail work? I'll be putting one nerite back into the brackish tank after I switch over to just one filter.
The main reason I want a different snail is to reduce the chance of eggs. Though I suppose I could get two and let them chill in the tadpole tank and see how bad it gets Its not a huge deal to me but less mess the better.
Acquaintance suggested a Corey catfish but I think that would be a bit of a size issue? I was looking more for a snail at any rate

Nerite snails do not reproduce in freshwater and the tank is to small for Cory's since they like to be in a school.

Nerite snails do not reproduce in freshwater and the tank is to small for Cory's since they like to be in a school.

Yeah, that's what I thought about the corys...

The main reason I brought up the breeding because I do have a brackish tank as well XD.

I did get some trumpet/love bearing snails for the crawdad, should I set up a breeding tank for them so I can have a constant supply for him? I know they breed like crazy :p

That and a constant supply to help clean freshwater tanks

Should I do a seperate tank or just chuck them in with the tadpole?

Back
Top Bottom