Possible to make a nano...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sealife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
With no heater?
Which fish, crayfish would survive in it?
I have a spare 4gallon glass cube lying about.
Which equipment would I need? Is a HOB filter and light enough? (which kind of clip on light would suit?)

Thanks

I imagine you could do a betta and some shrimp of some sort in a tank that size. There isn't really much else that can fit in there. I would avoid a crayfish though.

A very small HOB filter would work although I'm not sure about a light for a tank that size.

That largely depends on your ambient temp. You'll still need a filter though for fish. There are cooler water fish, but I don't know if 4g is appropriate for them in the long haul. Shrimp are a much more possible option though.

What's the reason you want to avoid a heater.

Hi guys,
Thanks so much for responding.

I should have tried to be more specific.
The tank is small, and I don't want a lot of cables and stuff everywhere. It looks uglier. I want it to look simple and like art. That's mainly the reason. And another reason is not worring about temperature. 1 thing less to worry about.

So to keep things simple..
If I add 2 or 3 white cloud minnows ( coldwater specie fish)
Are there any coldwater shrimp that would survive?
Do low light/simple plants survive in coldwater?
Apart from HOB filter and clip on light, would I still need airpump or CO2 system added to tank? ( im only using lowlight/basic plants for now.)

Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom