Post count not working & double email notifications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rivercats

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hope this is the right place to post this but for the past few days when I post my post count is not going up, it is getting stuck on say 1345 for several posts before it will go up a number. And during all this when I get email notifications on posts I'm often getting the same email 2 or 3 times. Can this all be fixed or do I need to contact someone specific to report this?

Just went back and counted I have had 1655 posts on over 9 posts today alone. Just to give an example of what my account is doing.

Last edited:
Though I can't be of much help in that regard.... I see your posts at 1656. So it is indeed going up...

Though I can't be of much help in that regard.... I see your posts at 1656. So it is indeed going up...

It goes up when it feels like it... lol. Usually after about 5-10 posts, it's suddenly possessed!

lol well if it helps I do see it go up as you post.

Actually I was just on my 220 planted tank- newly rescaped thread that is dated 10-30-2012 and the post number was 1669. So I'm actually going backwards/downwards on my post numbers!

LOL, no your post count goes up in all your posts every time you make a post, regardless of when the original post was made.

The general rule is that a post must be a good post in order for it to count, so if you're not making good posts they don't count.

J/K with you. Certain forums such as Aquarium Off Topic and the Watering Hole don't count towards your post count, so you can make dozens of posts in these forums and you will not see your post count increase. Beyond that we are checking to see if anything else might be going on.

Thanks, it's just really strange, plus I'm getting double email post alerts tonight. I've never had any of this since on this site.

We will let you know what we find out. I do know that sometimes the system goes a little wacky and you need to clear your cookies in order to restore it to proper opperating order in regards to the email notices. As far as the post count, I'm still guessing it is in relation to the forums in which posts don't count, but not positive.

We will let you know what we find out. I do know that sometimes the system goes a little wacky and you need to clear your cookies in order to restore it to proper opperating order in regards to the email notices. As far as the post count, I'm still guessing it is in relation to the forums in which posts don't count, but not positive.

I rarely ever post in those forums. It's all going on in the regular forums. When I finally noticed I just went back in my statistic's under the threads I posted in to check and then noticed how much it's been going on. I'll be curious to see what's going.

I found out something, this is happening it seems to everyone. I randomly checked a long post by Carollines 20 gallon rescape and throughout the entire post her count was at 1357, then went back to another post My Planted 29 Gallon Journey by Annahkil and Carolline's count was 1357 thoughout that post. Now I know something is squirrely.

Rivercats said:
I found out something, this is happening it seems to everyone. I randomly checked a long post by Carollines 20 gallon rescape and throughout the entire post her count was at 1357, then went back to another post My Planted 29 Gallon Journey by Annahkil and Carolline's count was 1357 thoughout that post. Now I know something is squirrely.

It lists the person's current (as of the time you visited it) post count on their posts no matter how old they are. Like now mine is 9524 no matter if you look at this post or one I did a year ago.

It lists the person's current (as of the time you visited it) post count on their posts no matter how old they are. Like now mine is 9524 no matter if you look at this post or one I did a year ago.

I see how that works now.

Thanks, it's just really strange, plus I'm getting double email post alerts tonight. I've never had any of this since on this site.

I get atleast 20 of the same email notifications daily so your not alone on that part as for the counter it works everytime you hit submit

Back
Top Bottom