Post Pics of Black Sand Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Labenator65000

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In light of Convict's project to change out gravel to black sand substrate, and in light of that AWESOME pic of the tank with Tahitian Black Moon Sand in his thread, let's see some other pics of Cichlid tanks out there that have black sand substrate. Let's also hear what type of substrate it is and lessons learned, if there are any.

I was hoping to see some awesome tanks appear. Well I'll be here when the dust settles to post my own :)

img_2040822_0_3a993ccccd50ce01e31ec05bcc199157.jpg

These are photo tank pictures.

img_2040822_1_2f17897c8e658bc36e0a496750fbcb7b.jpg

img_2040822_2_29e85491a7a4c8885f8f40cc64537222.jpg

My new project, 60 litre Juwel Korall - at present I have a few plants, java moss, willow moss, I moved into it from my 30 litre tank, I will be rescaping once my new plants arrive, going to carpet the whole substrate with very short hairgrass and one or two plants, and some seiryu stone. It's also been fitted with the Juwel sculptured background cut to size, and a new Eheim biopower filter which is currently running along side the Eheim 2008 pickup from my 30 litre to kick start the cycle.

Here's my 29 gallon. It includes 2 blue rams and 2 angelfish.

Attachments

• image-1417128617.jpg
    image-1417128617.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 216
Borderlesscott said:
My new project, 60 litre Juwel Korall - at present I have a few plants, java moss, willow moss, I moved into it from my 30 litre tank, I will be rescaping once my new plants arrive, going to carpet the whole substrate with very short hairgrass and one or two plants, and some seiryu stone. It's also been fitted with the Juwel sculptured background cut to size, and a new Eheim biopower filter which is currently running along side the Eheim 2008 pickup from my 30 litre to kick start the cycle.

I really like that backdrop. Is it a one-piece insert or DIY?

I really like that backdrop. Is it a one-piece insert or DIY?

It's from Juwel, Granite sculptured background. It comes twice the size but is very easy to cut using a Stanley knife. It should look even better once I get started on it, the stones should add a good contrast to it.

Italy592 said:
What kind of drift wood is that ??

I don't even know. I bought it from my lfs. It came that way attached to a thin piece of slate. My wife "had to have it" when she saw it. :)

Borderlesscott said:
It's from Juwel, Granite sculptured background. It comes twice the size but is very easy to cut using a Stanley knife. It should look even better once I get started on it, the stones should add a good contrast to it.

From what research I have done, it looks like that product is not accessible here "across the pond" in the US. I don't even see it available online via Amazon, etc. Too bad. That's really nice-looking.

Back
Top Bottom