Post your Betta Pics Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good guys! I've recently started breeding them and have purchased the best one of the order every time we get them in work. But my app won't let me post any more pics :( wish I could share. Happy fish keeping every one!!!

So I was at petsmart and saw this guy! He's absolutely gorgeous and I wish I had the room for him! But while I was there looking through the tanks I found a tank labeled as having 1 male and 2 female bettas in it. Low and behold, there they were! The male was doing most if the chasing and the females were just trying to hide. You can not imagine the amount of fuming I did at that point. I educated them on bettas for a good 10 minutes afterwards.

Sent from my XT1058 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1390596756652.jpg
    1390596756652.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 142
Villapoto moved into a 1gal rimless Pūr water pitcher about 7months ago. He really likes the open top.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391984439.917872.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391984458.471582.jpg

Lol yeah ^

Sent from my Z10 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392001196.470009.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392001210.521916.jpg
I've had him since I moved to Seattle. That little Fearless fish has been my buddy on the desk/table for 3yrs now. He's reinvigorated my involvement in the fish keeping hobby...Hence 3 aquariums since.
His rimless pitcher home gets weekly 70% PWCs and has a small sponge filter.

But it's not. Bettas don't live in tiny puddles. They live in rice paddies that are shallow, but miles upon miles long. They have an endless supply of fresh, clean water.

Any volume of water under 2.5 gallons is not enough to sustain a waste producing fish such as a betta. The tank can only provide so much room for beneficial bacteria to grow, and that room does not allow for enough bacteria to support the waste produced by a betta.

You are also not taking into account that bettas need filters and heaters, for water flow and a steady temperature. Those things don't fit well in such tiny space. It is also cruel, in my opinion, to not give the betta room to swim and explore.

Your betta might be better off in 0.7 gallons as opposed to 2 inches of water, but not by much. Yes the little tanks and bowls look lovely, but if you want something that looks nice, fill it with plants and put your betta in a more proper set up. They are really beautiful fish and it shows when they are happy and healthy.

Also, to stay on topic with the picture posting, here is a great little site on betta care. She has collected pictures of bettas before and after they were introduced to healthy environments. A few of my guys are on there somewhere. If you have any pictures you would like to see on the site, I think she has her email listed somewhere, or you could PM me and I'll ask her for you. There are some really beautiful boys (and girls!) here. Better Betta Care#

I know, I've always wanted to give him more space to roam. If you see to the bottom left of one of the pics you'll see a 5g spec in the works. He's going in?.
I'm fresh out of rice patties for him to cruise, but he's looking better than the Dixie cup I found him in.
They are who you need to direct your Betta welfare passion, not me.

That's great! He's going to love that space :)

I'm not trying to attack anyone. I just don't agree that tanks that small are good homes for bettas. I know we can't provide rice paddies for our fish, but the least we can do is create the best environment possible that is close to their natural habitat.

A 5 gallon gives them room to swim, and also provides enough space for a good amount of beneficial bacteria to grow and support the fish. Tanks under 2.5 gallons are impossible to cycle, so are really not acceptable for any living creature. Even a mystery snail would produce too much waste for something that small to handle.

But it's not. Bettas don't live in tiny puddles. They live in rice paddies that are shallow, but miles upon miles long. They have an endless supply of fresh, clean water.

Any volume of water under 2.5 gallons is not enough to sustain a waste producing fish such as a betta. The tank can only provide so much room for beneficial bacteria to grow, and that room does not allow for enough bacteria to support the waste produced by a betta.

You are also not taking into account that bettas need filters and heaters, for water flow and a steady temperature. Those things don't fit well in such tiny space. It is also cruel, in my opinion, to not give the betta room to swim and explore.

Your betta might be better off in 0.7 gallons as opposed to 2 inches of water, but not by much. Yes the little tanks and bowls look lovely, but if you want something that looks nice, fill it with plants and put your betta in a more proper set up. They are really beautiful fish and it shows when they are happy and healthy.

Also, to stay on topic with the picture posting, here is a great little site on betta care. She has collected pictures of bettas before and after they were introduced to healthy environments. A few of my guys are on there somewhere. If you have any pictures you would like to see on the site, I think she has her email listed somewhere, or you could PM me and I'll ask her for you. There are some really beautiful boys (and girls!) here. Better Betta Care#

He is going in a 4g soon

Got a new guy today... I felt so bad for him. He's been wasting away in the cup for over a month. His tail's been falling off the entire time. But his colors are great and I can't wait to see him once he colors up and gets his tail back!

Sent from my XT1058 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1392153535509.jpg
    1392153535509.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 1392153544615.jpg
    1392153544615.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 100
So I wanted to ask y'all a question. How do y'all feel about the baby bettas that are sold unsexed at the pet stores? Good idea or bad?

Back
Top Bottom