Post your Betta Pics Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I though for sure I was going to get pygmy corydoras in this tank, but then I went to petco yesterday and saw these two beautiful little boys and had to rescue them.
They are both as yet un-named. I'm just going to let the names come to me as I get to know their little personalities. The white one is an elephant ear betta and the black/turquoise/red one was labeled a Halfmoon doubletail (not so sure about the Halfmoon part). The second one does not want to be photographed while the white one just loves coming up to me when I'm by the tank and posing for me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Beauties!! And yes, the white one, what a little cutie, posing!!

Mine would flare at himself some. He was always looking at his reflection. I don't think he got too worked up though!

he looks like a feather one look up tail types for bettas that might help you figure it out. but the half moons have a subspecies known for their feather like tails.
I looked on the betta wiki and I think you might be right, thanks. That stinks because I read about bettas before I got some and specifically didn't get a rosetail because of the problems with their fins, but I'd never heard about feathertails. I turned off the bubbler to slow the current for him and he seems a little more perky now, hopefully he won't bite his fins.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413241852.163333.jpgmy lovely betta before my tetras ripped his fins right off of him

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

This was my first betta. I named him cookies because he is all blue like the Cookie Monster from Sesame Street. Sadly he ate abit of a dead fish who was rotten and died a few days after.

Will be looking to get another betta since they are just so beautiful with their tails flowing in the water. Though I have an affinity to only blue and black ones. Does anyone else feel like they have a specific colour preference?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413439544.700997.jpg

Getting addicted...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415074281.997688.jpg really bad picture of my pretty girl! The light in the aquarium puts a weird color on her. You can see her teal in the picture! Her little tiny fin things behind her mouth are an orange color! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415074510.697117.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415074555.613562.jpg and now she is in the mood to pose! Lol and as soon as I typed that the swam all the way to the other side.. ;)

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:
When the light hits her find they get kinda orangey red and when there isn't light and much it's teal

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks. And a what betta? I got it at petsmart about a week ago for $3.50

Sent from my iPhone

Ohh ok! Great! She is eating tropicka fish flakes is that ok?

Sent from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom