Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My new cichlid tank and my planty tank

Sent from my XT1032 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1398632323530.jpg
    1398632323530.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 1398632342517.jpg
    1398632342517.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 153
I have a 36 gallon bowfront. With some dwarf gouramis, rainbow shark, dalmation molly, clown loach and guppies... planted some dwarf hairgrass, telanthera cardinalis... I want to have a nice planted aquarium with good hiding places and a more natural look. Also im new to this hobby and would like help and ideas. Thank you.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1398783330184.jpg
    1398783330184.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 143
I have a 36 gallon bowfront. With some dwarf gouramis, rainbow shark, dalmation molly, clown loach and guppies... planted some dwarf hairgrass, telanthera cardinalis... I want to have a nice planted aquarium with good hiding places and a more natural look. Also im new to this hobby and would like help and ideas. Thank you.

Looks good! Any plans for a adding more scaping material?

Yes... that what I need some advice/ideas on...

How long you had the Dalmatian Molly I seem to have no luck with them

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

By scape you mean aquascape? As in add more plants? Still learning the lingo... yes thats what I would like to do.. I just dont know how to do it in a way that makes sense as far as how it would look.

How long you had the Dalmatian Molly I seem to have no luck with them

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've had it for a month and change. I bought a black molly which didn't make it a week ago. What happened with the Dalmatian amolly you have bought?

By scape you mean aquascape? As in add more plants? Still learning the lingo... yes thats what I would like to do.. I just dont know how to do it in a way that makes sense as far as how it would look.

Yes, aquascaping. I am mostly a reefer myself, but in general for aquariums scaping refers to both the base structure of your tank, as well as the plants/corals that you stock it with.

Mainly what I was asking about is whether you are planning on adding more base structure, such as stones, driftwood, and other large pieces that allow you to sculpt a landscape, both vertically and laterally. Many people use large stones or shale, as well as different sized pieces of driftwood to create the the looks they want.

Right now, there doesn't look to be too much base structure like rocks and wood, which is mainly what I was referring to. Your plants will grow around this base structure, so the structure itself (that you create) will influence how your plants take root ;)

Yes, aquascaping. I am mostly a reefer myself, but in general for aquariums scaping refers to both the base structure of your tank, as well as the plants/corals that you stock it with.

Mainly what I was asking about is whether you are planning on adding more base structure, such as stones, driftwood, and other large pieces that allow you to sculpt a landscape, both vertically and laterally. Many people use large stones or shale, as well as different sized pieces of driftwood to create the the looks they want.

Right now, there doesn't look to be too much base structure like rocks and wood, which is mainly what I was referring to. Your plants will grow around this base structure, so the structure itself (that you create) will influence how your plants take root ;)

I just bought some cichlid stones and some driftwood to add to the tank. Im thinkng about adding some anubias... not sure what else at the moment.

I just bought some cichlid stones and some driftwood to add to the tank. Im thinkng about adding some anubias... not sure what else at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom