Post your guppy tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does this count? It has guppys in it..

1525046_806071926076563_1772685062_n.jpg

10 gallon guppy tank. Started with one male and female and these are their grandchildren and recently great grandchildren. Unfortunately mama and papa are no longer alive but their family lives on! Once one of the females reproduces I move all the females to my big tank so between that and not using a breeder box the population usually stays under control. Usually get 4-8 guppies from each generation and it usually takes 4 months for them to mature. And I name them all! Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Probably would be nice if I remembered to attach the pic!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1390258304666.jpg
    1390258304666.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 153
:lol: I was wondering t.h327

I have seen a few baby's but my gourami's seem to be partial to some baby guppy - dang psychopaths! :lol:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390280621.582866.jpg
Recently all my guppies died. ? I just got a new one today though. None left that are in the pic though. TImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390280696.221353.jpg this is my new one

Guppies are super sensitive. Before I established this family I must have bought a dozen at least. I have found that the ones born and raised in my tank last alot longer. Probably because they're so adjusted to the water. When I move the females to the big tank I have to be very careful... Moved 3 a couple months ago and only one survived. The other two died within hours.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's also been a species only tank since I bred the parents. This past weekend I added a baby bristlenose pleco to help control the algae growth (mind you it never got that bad... The lights are usually on only a couple hours a day) I know alot of people would disagree with a pleco in such a small tank but he seems to be loving life so far... And i once had 2 fully grown angel fish, two tiger barbs, two Mollies a platy, a rosy barb, Corydora and a 6" common pleco in a 26 bow front and everyone lived in peace and harmony for 3+ years and the water was always crystal clear. Surprisingly the angels and Cory are still alive with some new tank mates!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi all, newbie here, after some struggling ... Feel that I can nou dit back and relax a bit and enjoy them!!! 15g
Cory catfish
Guppies
CardinalsImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390321142.431037.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390321191.146760.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390321259.330248.jpg

Pondlandscaper- love the fluval tank! Especially the temple gate, that is my favorite piece!

I ❤️ guppies! Will post pics of my guppy family once I can get some decent shots of them- babies and all!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390928168.742516.jpg

Excuse the haze! I'm replanting and have been stirring up sand for days

Thank you!! He is my pride and joy! I had a tetra take a chunk out of his fan so I moved them into time out zone then shipped them off to my niece with an entire mini tank setup lol- I cannot wait to see how this little guy's babies turn out! They're one month now and my girls are ready to pop more out any day now! It's so exciting!!

I can't wait to see what this guys fry turn out like, not had any grow anywhere yet though, the gouramis love them..

I might set up a guppy only tank, but much like i don't want over run with snails, i don't want over run with guppys. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom