Post your Planted Tank Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's nice to see that you guys had to start somewhere.... and that it takes time... because I'm looking at mine and comparing it to some of your tanks and it's frustrating haha

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's nice to see that you guys had to start somewhere.... and that it takes time... because I'm looking at mine and comparing it to some of your tanks and it's frustrating haha

I've been through 10 species of plants and a year of tinkering man.. it's not as simple as set it and forget it at first. You'll hit a stride at some point!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is the over grown 10g shrimp tank.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1431896615117.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431896615117.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 90
Nice yeah I've got some in my tank too. Doesn't grow as well as yours though.
How do you stop the bottom sections from getting algae?

Ohhh okay! Got it.... thanks guys!

Any of you have before pictures of your Planted tanks? Would love to see what your awesome tanks looked like before the plants filled up or even before you groomed them?

Any shrimp tanks?

Here is my tank from 10/27/2012:
hjhTqNZ.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431921242.883965.jpg

Here's my 60g. Definitely looking better now I have added co2 but still a work in progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice yeah I've got some in my tank too. Doesn't grow as well as yours though.
How do you stop the bottom sections from getting algae?
I scrub it. They are not planted till the edge, although they have been spreading lately

I scrub it. They are not planted till the edge, although they have been spreading lately

Ahk I'm slowly getting the hang of it with mine. I'm probably not high tech enough for it to look amazing but it still thrives.

This is my tank when I first started....it's safe to say it's come a long way...

Now..

That looks good. When you trim the baby tears, replant the trimmings. You will spread it faster.

Mine is a 36 gal community. It changes often due to plants coming and going. I have a couple that I've had since the beginning though. I always use manzanita. I love that stuff.

Attachments

• Aquarium-no reflection.jpg
    Aquarium-no reflection.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 89
Here's my tank a few months ago, now it looks like poo.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1432009664869.jpg
    1432009664869.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 1432009682839.jpg
    1432009682839.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 83
Back
Top Bottom