Potassium deficiency?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok peeps. My ludwigia repens and hygro polysperma have developed tiny pin prick holes in some of the leaves. I read that this is potassium deficiency. I have some dry ferts I can start with as I haven't been dosing macros yet.

My questions.

Will the leaves recover

Can someone provide me with a decent EI calculator or should I follow the instruction card that came with the ferts?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I use a calculator called "zorfox planted tank calculator" you should be able to google it. It will give you dry dosing and diy dosing.

I checked out the ei calculator.. mehh, i just ask a lot of questions and read a tonnnnn of threads.. you sir have a pot. def. For sure.. hygro is a potassium hog and ludwiga is no light eater either. id say you'd be best with a light dose of those dry ferts to start and work your way up to reccomended dose assuming you maintain weekly water changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I checked out the ei calculator.. mehh, i just ask a lot of questions and read a tonnnnn of threads.. you sir have a pot. def. For sure.. hygro is a potassium hog and ludwiga is no light eater either. id say you'd be best with a light dose of those dry ferts to start and work your way up to reccomended dose assuming you maintain weekly water changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sweet cheers Brookster.

I use a calculator called "zorfox planted tank calculator" you should be able to google it. It will give you dry dosing and diy dosing.

Thanks Ryan I'll defo check it out.

I have this too! But after two months of adding potassium every week I can't say I see any difference. It's more of a lighting issue (36w over a 35g aquarium..), only the lower leaves are affected in my aquarium, since they don't get adequate light.

Sent per three-eyed raven..

I'm not sure if the affected leaves would suddenly just heal up the holes. I'm not expecting them too anyway. I'm just concerned that new growth may be affected.

Just this very second finished mixing my EI so will start with dosing tomorrow. I'll let you know if I see any improvement.

I'm not sure if the affected leaves would suddenly just heal up the holes. I'm not expecting them too anyway. I'm just concerned that new growth may be affected.

Just this very second finished mixing my EI so will start with dosing tomorrow. I'll let you know if I see any improvement.

Im 95% sure the leaves wont heal themselves

Back
Top Bottom