Potential Discus Breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T.Cooke

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 75g Discus tank currently housing 5 discus fish. Within the past week I've noticed 2 of my discus (which paired off quite a while ago) have taken up hiding behind one of my large tank decorations. The male comes out during feedings and at night when my blue lights are on and off entirely but the female stays put. They are kind of territorial with any other fish that comes near their spot and I was wondering if these 2 are potentially laying eggs or just being shy I've had the tank established for almost a year now, all the other discus and fish are vibrant happy and healthy, my water parameters are where they should be ( ph 6.5, temp 83, nitrates under 10 etc) any words of advice?

image-1500607023.jpg

Here's a pic of the piece they are behind I can see into it thru the holes in it and can see that both discus still have good coloring and app really perfectly healthy

Right now the water ph is at 6.5 6.6 nitrates are at 10 parts and the water temp is 83 I'm prob gunna set up a 20 g long to house the 2 discus soon tho

Awesome!

Make sure you keep this thread updated (with pictures and all)

It really sounds like it could be. From what I understand, discus usually fail at parenting the first few batches (aka eat the eggs/young) but keep at it!

Back
Top Bottom