Potentially sick goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trioracles

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay so after reading on some stuff I got paranoid that my goldfish seemed to have the symptoms of being potentially sick. The last time I checked my water parameters was about a week ago, until I broke my last API testing tube. **** these things. API purposefully made GLASS tubes just so that we can break them and buy new tubes from them lool anyway, everything was fine, normal as goldfish water parameters can be. I added a couple of mystery snails yesterday.

Anyway, my goldfish seem to either stay near the water surface or stay at the bottom of the tank. But when they see mee, they always swim in front of me and greet me, following my hand wherever I point to. Some of them seem to be gulping for air, but I see to have pretty good circulation, without any stagnant water. Some of my Goldie's scales are very visible. My calico was swimming erratically just moments before which made me worry. I figured it got some poop caught inside its gills or something lool

I did a 50% water change two days ago. I read somewhere that snails r good indicators for bad water quality. They said that snails will go to the surface of the water if the water quality is bad. But the snails seems fine at the bottom of the tank.

Can anyone see if there's anything potentially wrong with my goldfish? Thanks! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403048292.183286.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403048303.407507.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403048320.760939.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403048333.269736.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403048356.032688.jpg

Okay, but you haven't answered the questions, what are your parameters? PH, Ammonia, NitrIte, nitrate etc.

Hi there

All your fish look healthy and happy.

Could the fish be going to the top of the water to try and get you to feed them? Three of my goldfish will do that, and shake their little heads as vigorously as they can to get my attention.

You can buy spare test tubes online for water testing - would be useful to know your parameters if you are concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom