Pottasium or light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been battling issues in my planted 29 gallon aquarium and they are finally getting better. Sadly only one plant seems to be getting worse and that's my roseafolia. It seems to have holes everywhere. The plants were added roughly 6 weeks ago.

I have 6700k lights dual 18 watts t5no.
Nitrates are 10-20 and phosphates .75-1.

I dose the entire line of seachem ferts including excel that is dosed daily.

The following plants seem to be doing well:
Amazon swords
Ludwigia repens
Corkscrew Val
Crypts
Anubias
Moss balls

I think it's either potassium or light deficiency what do you think.

I know I should do dry ferts but I refuse for personal reasons.

If you think it's the light issue could you recommend something better. I might also be adding co2 within the next year or so.

What size tank is this? What's your current dosing regimen? I'm not familiar with the dosing directions of the Flourish line off the top of my head, unfortunately. Can you get up any pictures?

Pinholes in leaves is pretty characteristic of potassium issues, but larger holes than that can be phosphates or even nitrates. Additionally, you can have several deficiencies manifesting at once, giving a unique combination of symptoms.

What size tank is this? What's your current dosing regimen? I'm not familiar with the dosing directions of the Flourish line off the top of my head, unfortunately. Can you get up any pictures?

Pinholes in leaves is pretty characteristic of potassium issues, but larger holes than that can be phosphates or even nitrates. Additionally, you can have several deficiencies manifesting at once, giving a unique combination of symptoms.

It's a 29 gallon
I would take a pick of the dosing regimen but can't since you probably can't ready it.
I dose excel pottassium nitrogen phosphorus iron trace comprehensive. According to directions its slightly modified to keep the params I can check right. Phosphate .75-1 and nitrates 10-20.

image-1396506752.jpg

image-1223484845.jpg

image-3636542833.jpg

image-1189667001.jpg

Also the leaves of some of my other plants seem to be crinkling around the edges but still look healthy. Is that normal???

image-1318266720.jpg

image-4038348776.jpg

image-639522091.jpg

I'll try to fix the fert regimen on the computer after class and send a pic.

It's a tough call from those picks. You could try increasing everything and seeing if it starts to get better. Of course, you would only be able to see a difference in the newer growth, so it could take some time to improve.

It's a tough call from those picks. You could try increasing everything and seeing if it starts to get better. Of course, you would only be able to see a difference in the newer growth, so it could take some time to improve.

My question is why is the roseafolia the only plant that is getting worse ally he others still seem okay.

Different plants have different sensitivities. If you have only a mild problem, it's not uncommon to see symptoms in only a few species at first.

Different plants have different sensitivities. If you have only a mild problem, it's not uncommon to see symptoms in only a few species at first.

Here is the fert regimen. Please note that the potassium and phosphate dosing is double what recommended by seachem.

image-516177020.jpg

Back
Top Bottom