Power-Glo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russianaquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, So I went out and bought this new light, its called hagen power-glo, and apparently it has 18000K. I have a planted 30 gallon long aquarium, and am wondering how great this light really is for plants? I had the aqua-glo before and it was much more dull and much less bright and made water look pink/purple... while the power-glo makes water much brighter and more blue/white color which actually looks really nice. So what do you guys think of this light? Any experiences with these glo lights? Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCF0381.jpg
    DSCF0381.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCF0380.jpg
    DSCF0380.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCF0382.jpg
    DSCF0382.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 113
I have had mine in for 12 months now, originally I was battling with algae but it suppressed after a month or so and now I get barely any so just scrape glass every 2 weeks and that's about it. I love the colour the the power glo also. Plants wise I'm in a low tech set up with just a couple with Fery balls and gravel and they grow but pretty slow.

Thanks, I added another light into the mix, now have 2 floresent tube lights, which are Aqueon Full Spectrum and the Power Glo, seems to be doing well so far, have little algae but we will see.

I believe those are meant for salt water coral tanks. 18k is way off from what is needed in a fresh water planted tank. Should be using something closer to 6500 with 10k being about the most.

But if you're getting growth and like the look, go with it. Your tank.

Back
Top Bottom