power head placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monroe10

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have 2 Aqueon 700 powerheads in my 55gal tank and I have them on each end of the tank, one on the front corner on one in the back, they are pointed at angles tward the oppisite walls to create like at circular current. Is this a food flow pattern or should i change this?

I'm not a fan of circular motion personally, as I don't feel it's random enough. I have mine at opposite ends facing each other but only at a moderate difference in height... I also have a third in the middle to shake things up a bit...

image-461877529.jpg

I have a third I could put in bit it's huge lol, is more random better?

Beautiful tank

Ya that's true, like I said before I have to the 2 700's I have a 1250 that I have laying around how do you think I should set my power heads up?

I would use all 3... I have a 1400, 550, and 450 in my 55... My 1400 is on the far right side (same as
the heater to help keep temp consistent) 550 on far left, and 450 in the middle...

I would take that one on the bottom left and put it right in the middle of the tank facing up to give some surface agitation.. Here's how mine is..

image-1253086518.jpg

So the big one in the middle pointing up what about the smaller one

So the big one in the middle pointing up what about the smaller one

Oh that's the bigger one? I would do a smaller one in the center, and the big one on a corner facing the opposite corner, and then do the same thing with the other small one but on the opposite side from the big one...

Could do that.. Personally I would move the one that you have on the left towards the back of the tank tho.. Like I drew on the pic...

I'd put the smaller in the middle pointing up to help create surface aggitation. Then the big one on one of the sides of your tank. and the last one opposite a little lower/higher than the 1st. If you follow lol.

Ya now I got it 1200 and 700 in back corners crossing in muddle and other 700 in middle pointing forward

Sorry to "jack your thread" but if I have 2, 750's and 2, 250's where would you place those benamayer? The little drawing would be amazing lol.

Sorry to "jack your thread" but if I have 2, 750's and 2, 250's where would you place those benamayer? The little drawing would be amazing lol.

Lol I would prolly set it up similar...

image-2359971028.jpg

The 250s aren't that powerful so I would stack em in the middle on the back glass, one facing up and the other facing more down, then the 750's on opposite corners. The pic would be looking in your tank from the front, and position the 750's just like in the other pic...

Back
Top Bottom