Power shift in my south american tank... Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cbourg746 said:
I see.......sorry if I confused you. What about some dwarf cichlids?

Will they get along with the clown and parrot. Is there a specific dwarf cichlid species you would recommend?

Clowns are semi aggressive while basically all dwarves are peaceful, so I'd say probably not

Here's my thing, my lfs has fire mouths, rams, dwarfs, jacks,parrots, flower horn and convicts. I don't think any of those will be compatible in my tank. As for the clown, he's going to be the focal point of my tank, so working around him what is my best option for this tank?

Loureed said:
Here's my thing, my lfs has fire mouths, rams, dwarfs, jacks,parrots, flower horn and convicts. I don't think any of those will be compatible in my tank. As for the clown, he's going to be the focal point of my tank, so working around him what is my best option for this tank?

Your gonna be very limited in the long run. When the clown gets big there isn't a lot it can go with. It would have to be big enough to take some abuse as long as dish some out. In a 55 gal your very limited considering the size of what you have and what your lfs sells. It may be time to rethink the clown itself or consider no tank mates at all.

Better pics of jack.

Attachments

• image-573651724.jpg
    image-573651724.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 48
  • image-2885129858.jpg
    image-2885129858.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 45
  • image-3819391357.jpg
    image-3819391357.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 58
So update, the tank has quieted. One of the clown loaches died ( not sure why or how) but since the occurance the whole tank has been getting along. I removed the other clown loach to my African tank. In fact the everyone has taken home in the large drift wood, and swims about quite peacefully. Jack patrols the tank but has stopped nipping. I upped their feeding to both pellets and blood worms 2x a day, originally pellets once and worms once a day. I think I might not have been feeding them enough for their size? :( thank you for all the advice! It all seemed to help!

Critter1990 said:
JD are south American cichlids lol duh

You may want to go back and read the start of this thread..JDs are NOT south American....they are central american

Back
Top Bottom