Powerhead dilemma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my opinion your setup is poor for flow.

Spraybar working back to front. Powerhead working left to right. They are not working in tandem to move the water in the same direction

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Out of a little curiosity and from some of the suggestions that you guys have posted, I positioned the powerhead at an angle so that it would be pointing towards the front glass and towards the foreground more. The rasboras seem to be more calm and the plants aren't swaying as intensely.

That's where I have mine. In this tank you can see where everything is flow wise after my bezercko trim last weekend. Spray bar is drilled out to minimize flow big time. The espei ras. Hang out right above the ph.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1432723001521.jpg
    1432723001521.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 54
In my opinion your setup is poor for flow.

Spraybar working back to front. Powerhead working left to right. They are not working in tandem to move the water in the same direction

That may be so, but I think if I position my powerhead like that of Brookster's, that's the best possible flow I'm going to get without buying more things or a new filter. The flow would hit the glass and travel down it to hit my foreground plants (when they arrive and are planted), and travel along the substrate and other surrounding areas to go along the back glass.

That's where I have mine. In this tank you can see where everything is flow wise after my bezercko trim last weekend. Spray bar is drilled out to minimize flow big time. The espei ras. Hang out right above the ph.

I'll adjust mine just a little bit further to copycat your's. Thanks for the pic!

I think brooksters are both on the same pane of glass facing in the same direction. I may be wrong though.

This is perfect as they are working together to move the water around.

The placement if his HOB and Skimmer are questionable. They are moving water in a different direction. I do understand that space is an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think brooksters are both on the same pane of glass facing in the same direction. I may be wrong though.

This is perfect as they are working together to move the water around.

The placement if his HOB and Skimmer are questionable. They are moving water in a different direction. I do understand that space is an issue

The skimmer is there to skim, only on 6hrs at night, hob is where it can really only be.. when I dose the white powder equilibrium you can trace the flow and it actually works out. Gets a nice swirl in the middle and goes on the the other side. Bonsai would indicate a nice happy flow spot I'd say..

The skimmer is there to skim, only on 6hrs at night, hob is where it can really only be.. when I dose the white powder equilibrium you can trace the flow and it actually works out. Gets a nice swirl in the middle and goes on the the other side. Bonsai would indicate a nice happy flow spot I'd say..

I can fully appreciate why you have positioned things as you have. Sometimes there's just too much hardware to fit in perfectly.

I can fully appreciate why you have positioned things as you have. Sometimes there's just too much hardware to fit in perfectly.

I'm sure I could lose the hob, at this pint I'd rather not mess with anything until it all comes down for a rescape.
Also keep in mind us Americans love are stuff and crap everywhere ;)

I'm sure I could lose the hob, at this pint I'd rather not mess with anything until it all comes down for a rescape.
Also keep in mind us Americans love are stuff and crap everywhere ;)

Dont fix whats not broken. I just think that with messy flow, you lose efficiency.

That ammania bonsai patch is incredible though.

My plants are taking time to adjust from high light to low light. Also new submerged plants having a slow transition. Got two buces now though, both are just about to throw out a new leaf!

Back
Top Bottom