Powerhead Positioning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the back corners pointing forward and slightly to the center and SLIGHTLY toward the surface. Use a wave maker or timer to alternate them on and off. I am using 2 1200's plus a SCWD (@ 600gph) for really sweet random currents. My critters went from a tidal lagoon to the middle of a reef! The fish are still a little freaked out...

I have a 45 gal and looking to and PHs to increase the flow over my recently added LR. I've read the reviews on PHs on this site, but am unsure of how many or what flow rate (GPH) is needed.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

I have my PH's set up on the sides, one pointing to the rear and the other towards the front. With a Emeror 400 for water movement and polishing. Just the baskets filled with AC. HEre's my tank:

wholetank.jpg

Do you use a timer? With the ph's postioned that way does it create a swirl rather than a random wave motion? Are you trying to simulate waves breaking on a reef or a steady ocean current (I notice a school of chromis, no coral).

This is how I setup my main display tank.. The long red line is an air holes with holes drilled it in at various positions to remove deadspots in and around my LR.

Anemoneman said:
Do you use a timer? With the ph's postioned that way does it create a swirl rather than a random wave motion? Are you trying to simulate waves breaking on a reef or a steady ocean current (I notice a school of chromis, no coral).

I will be adding a Aqua C skimmer soon and another powerhead . I plan on getting the wave timer to then move the water more since I'll be addings some corals...

Back
Top Bottom