Praziquantel treatment for ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verochloeedgar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone!
I know there are lots of posts about ich but I have never had one outbreak until now (I think).
The quick question is: would praziquantel treat ich? I don’t have much ich ( 2 dots on each fish caudal fins) and I have been doing salt and water changes (I did not have a heater but I do now) I also have some praziquantel for one time I saw small worms but I did not use it last time.
Could I use it for ich?

Prazi does not treat protozoans, which is ich. Crank up the heat 86F+ and vacuum with water changes.

What types of fish do you have? No Prazi won't treat ich but if you don't have scaless med sensitive fish like loaches and many others I would not do heat, it takes to long to get rid of and will probably lose a lot of fish in the process, and you don't just crank the heat you have to slowly raise it and also turn an air stone up to max if you have one , if you don't have med sensitive fish I would go with rid ich +, if you do I would go with heat + gravel Vacs

Back
Top Bottom