Pre mix salt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willbratz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I bought a couple of 7 gallon jugs from my local Walmart. Instead of just placing RO/DI water (which I have smaller one gallons for daily top offs for that), would it be alright to mix these two jugs with salt for my weekly water changes? I've got a 120 and so 14 gallons is basically my 10% water change. Are there any negatives to pre mixing?

There is nothing wrong with premixing your salt, but using those jugs it may be hard to accurately check your salinity, get a powerhead in there to mix the salt good, get a heater in there to keep the water at the proper temp and most of all, you will need to aerate it somehow to get the pH in line.

I've heard you want to keep your salt mix in motion alot of people use trash cans with powerheads and a heater, I use a fifteen gal column tank that I keep next to my 65 salt set up, I fill it with a ro line I ran up from the basement and just run a hob to keep things from settling out

I've heard you want to keep your salt mix in motion alot of people use trash cans with powerheads and a heater, I use a fifteen gal column tank that I keep next to my 65 salt set up, I fill it with a ro line I ran up from the basement and just run a hob to keep things from settling out

I've got a 55 gallon with a spicket on it as well. But the mrs. Will kill me if I even think about doing that!!

Back
Top Bottom