Pregnant fish..maybe...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sarahb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all new to this! How do you know when a fish is pregnant? I've looked online and not much help! I've attached a picture not very clear! any advice would be appreciated thanks :)

image-3462701241.jpg

image-2829683571.jpg

as she is a dalmation , it is hard to find a gravid spot, so compare her to a picture of a non pregnant molly, as she is a female, I am almost certain she is pregnant

Hi I am kind of new to keeping fish but like the other person said compare to another fish also if they look as tho they are goin to pop get ready I bought a fish on weekend and the same nite it had babies and that looked as tho it was going to pop any one no wen fry r ready to b put in tank with rest of fish

Hi I am kind of new to keeping fish but like the other person said compare to another fish also if they look as tho they are goin to pop get ready I bought a fish on weekend and the same nite it had babies and that looked as tho it was going to pop any one no wen fry r ready to b put in tank with rest of fish

When there big enough that other fish will not eat them

Thanks for the advice been comparing to other fish and looking like she could be pregnant will keep an eye on her and see if she gets bigger. How exciting! :)

It looks pregnant to me. Just keep an eye on it and if it starts to look big and round like it's about to burst, then be expecting some fry in the tank soon!

Back
Top Bottom