Pregnant Fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterfly_koi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have only one fry left in my tank (some died :( some sold) and when I went to feed them today I noticed that her little belly is bigger today than it was yesterday. Is it possible that she could be pregnant? How old do females have to be before they are able to breed? She is about 3 months old, any advice would be appreciated

View attachment 96397

View attachment 96398

This is a guppy, right? The pictures are hard to see on an iPod. :) Female guppies can reproduce at about 3 months, so it is possible that she's pregnant.

I have only one fry left in my tank (some died :( some sold) and when I went to feed them today I noticed that her little belly is bigger today than it was yesterday. Is it possible that she could be pregnant? How old do females have to be before they are able to breed? She is about 3 months old, any advice would be appreciated

View attachment 96397

View attachment 96398

If a fish is old enough to be carrying eggs, they are too old to be called fry :D:lol:
Seriously tho, since Guppies have shrunk in size over the years, I wouldn't be surprised if the females started carrying eggs at about 3/4 of an inch in size.

Andy Sager said:
If a fish is old enough to be carrying eggs, they are too old to be called fry :D:lol:
Seriously tho, since Guppies have shrunk in size over the years, I wouldn't be surprised if the females started carrying eggs at about 3/4 of an inch in size.

Alright Andy knows lol so she's not a fry anymore but I still consider her that because she's so little.

Bettababe1011 said:
This is a guppy, right? The pictures are hard to see on an iPod. :) Female guppies can reproduce at about 3 months, so it is possible that she's pregnant.

Yes she is a guppy sorry for leaving that part out. Because she's so little isn't the pregnancy going to be too hard on her?

Shes probably just full of eggs. I have several fry ( or small fish lol) that have gravid spots and square out every month or so. But there are no males in the tank with them , so its probably just eggs.

Bubbles0oO said:
Shes probably just full of eggs. I have several fry ( or small fish lol) that have gravid spots and square out every month or so. But there are no males in the tank with them , so its probably just eggs.

But she was with males before I sold all of them, when I separated my fry I thought that she was male so she had went into my male tank for about a week

Ahh ok i get ya . She is pretty small to be pregnant but its plausible, just watch and wait then i guess, but i would let her our of the trap because it stresses her out.

Bubbles0oO said:
Ahh ok i get ya . She is pretty small to be pregnant but its plausible, just watch and wait then i guess, but i would let her our of the trap because it stresses her out.

Oh yes of course I'll let her out of the trap lol it was just for the picture she is the hardest one to take a picture of. I guess I'll just watch and see!

Back
Top Bottom