Pregnant guppie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briemol12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 10 fish on my 20g tank! None of them were or seem to look pregnant. The only couples male to female are my two mollies. My moms friend gifted me 2 males guppies and in my tank I already had 2 female guppies, both of the male guppies die 4 days later and my 2 female guppies were fine.
To my surprise I come home this evening and I notice a baby fish swimming around, I ran to the store and bought a floating hatchery and put the baby inside minutes later I found another one swimming away from my tetras and got him in the hatchery.
It's been a week since my male guppies die, how is it possible that one of my guppies gave birth a week later? There was no big belly or anything. Soooo lost!!! Anyone help me out? And how should I take care of my babies? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418797048.929859.jpg

Livebearer females can store sperm. If you buy a female Guppy, unless she was raised in a female Only tank, she probably came to you pregnant.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better keep testing your water. Sounds like you are overstocked. Livebearers are poop machines and Mollies usually need 30g minimum IMHO as females can hit 5" or more depending on exact type.

Just crush up flake food. Add a real or live plant to give the babies a hiding spot and get another tank if you plan to keep raising babies.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom