pregnant guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimberley

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay... So iv converted my tank and it now houses a white gourami (very friendly) 2 albibo corys, a 6" bristlenose plec and 9 guppies (3 males and 6 females) 5 of my guppies are heavily pregnant, what can i do for them, i would like to try and raise the fry

Kimberley said:
Okay... So iv converted my tank and it now houses a white gourami (very friendly) 2 albibo corys, a 6" bristlenose plec and 9 guppies (3 males and 6 females) 5 of my guppies are heavily pregnant, what can i do for them, i would like to try and raise the fry

Add lots of thick bushy floating plants in corners and such. Also, I have found that flipping a plastic plant upside down and letting the leaves dangle into a hole in the decorations or driftwood saves TONS of fry. Once you find fry, remove them to a breeder NET placed under the flow of a filter or with an airstone or a separate filtered and heated tank. Feed Hikari First Bites or if you are desperate crushed flakes. You can also feed the babies brine shrimp, the preferred food.

i agree, also i loved to use live green moss that i bought on aqua bid .com. the babies would thrive in the live plants and could hide until big enough to survive in open water

i like to use water sprite as a floating plant for the fry to hide in until i can get the to the breeder box. but i dont like to put the mom in there it seems to stress her out to much.

Back
Top Bottom