Pregnant guppy with pre-labor behaviors more than one week?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrisCar

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good morning!

I just wanted to find out if any of you have had pregnant guppies that hide or remain still in parts of a tank for greater than one week. My guppy has been showing these behaviors for at least 9-10 days now, I would say. After a water change yesterday in which the city tap water surprised me by having higher than normal chloramines and ammonia (the city draws water from three separate sources, so sometimes you truly have no idea what you are going to get one day to the next) even though I had treated it with Prime she began floating head down/tail up and my two male guppies were still bothering her and she also seemed bothered by the new african dwarf frogs so I ended up moving her to my 10 g quarantine tank, which only has 3 ghost shrimp in it right now. It's a much darker tank (half the lights burned out), has less current, and plenty of hornwort and decorations for hiding, same parameters but better water quality given that it was probably going to take my community tank 24 hours to process the excess tap water ammonia. She is looking much better today, normal buoyancy, still kind of lurking in the corners, very squared off, but still no babies, and not eating and has hardly eaten for several days. I'm guessing there's nothing I can do for her other than cross my fingers? She's about a year old. IMG_7347.jpg

Back
Top Bottom