Pregnant guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senorkevin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think I have a pregnant guppy. It is almost still and in the corner of the tank almost on top of the heater and surrounded by other fish. Is it pregnant or just cold?

Definitely pregnant!
Congratulations. ?

I have one also but she still has like a week or so left. Yours look like she can pop any minute:)

I have a 30 litre spare tank but no filter. Will that do with an air pump/stone? I don't have any gravel. Should I add meth blue to the 30 l tank water?

She looks pregnant and sick. I would quarantine her for a few weeks honestly

Why do you say she looks sick? Of anything maybe wants to hide to have her babies or tired of being picked on. What is your female to male ratio?

I don't know the ratio to be honest. Can I setup a quarantine tank without a filter? I previous message said she might be sick. I don't know what a sick fish looks like

I don't know the ratio to be honest. Can I setup a quarantine tank without a filter?

I personally don't think it looks sick. I could be wrong. For setting up a quarantine tank.. it will go through a cycle if its not already set up just like a new tank. I don't think an airstone would work for to long, i personally would only use it for a few days before getting a filter for it so the water can circulate. People are saying she is sick... what do you treat her with? I believe its just stress so of you were to put her in her own tank it would be better but then again not if levels go everywhere

I don't know the ratio to be honest. Can I setup a quarantine tank without a filter? I previous message said she might be sick. I don't know what a sick fish looks like

It doesn't usually act normal. You would kind of see your fish and know what then do. For instance she is in the top corner hiding and you knew that wasn't normal. Other then that you watch the poop and if they eat. You can also sometimes see things wrong on the outside suck as fin rot or ick

I haven't treated her with anything as yet. Would meth blue do for stress and to heal?

I have no idea what meth blue is but a quick Google search says that's its to treat ick and some parasites. Also if used wrong can kill your fish. This will do nothing for stress in fish at all.

I also have a multifunctional conditioner that is for the water and stress protection. It is called pentabiocare

That does sound like it would work. It creates a protective layer on the fish to protect it from diseases and reduce the stress. I would personally put some of that in for tonight... let her sit in it and then if it doesn't look better tomorrow and she is still very stressed i would put her into her own tank with pentabiocare

Back
Top Bottom