Pregnant Guppys/cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warthog76za

Aquarium Advice Freak
Both my guppys are pregnant (dont know if any have given birth yet) and Im sure the corys have laid eggs but what I have noticed a more intense "hunting" style by the swordtails..... they go into the coconut house and sunken ship I have and really go about scavanging for everything, I do know and have seen the swordtails going through plants to even get to snail eggs, stuck under leaves. I bought a Aquahome today but wanted to know how do I go about saving fry (if any) without stressing the guppy.

Inside the coconut house I have seen little white balls whenever I clean the tank, should I then just try removing them and bputting them in the aquahome? and when exactly do I put the guppy females in the aquahome.

Thanks from a fish-father to be :)

the gravid spot of the female guppy with get really dark and shhe will look like she swallowed a pencil eraser. the easiest thing is to buy you a floating breeder and use it because it will prevent the female from eating them. they dont cost but bout 5 or 6 dollars but are well worth it. As far as the eggs i wouldnt know what to tell you. it is also better to move the female a few days early to reduce stress on the female.

Are the little white balls fuzzy, or white/clear? You may have some fungus on the cory eggs if they're fuzzy.

Back
Top Bottom